Crispy Chicken in Garlic Ginger Sauce
|Chicken thighs||1 1⁄2 Pound (700 grams)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine/Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||3 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
|Oil||15 Fluid Ounce (400 ml)|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon (for dusting)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|White rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut out the meat from chicken thighs using a sharp knife. Run the knife through the length of bone and open each side of meat, exposing the bone.
2. Blend the chicken with rice wine and soy sauce.
3. Take one bowl and add garlic, spring onions, and ginger into it and blend the sauce ingredients in another bowl.
4. Take a large frying pan or wok and heat the oil in it.
5. Coat the chicken pieces with cornflour and deep-fry them in the wok for additional 5 minutes until they turn golden-brown.
6. Remove the chicken from wok and drain them on kitchen paper. Place them on serving platter and maintain their warmth.
7. Drain oil form the wok and reheat it.
8. Stir in garlic, spring onions and ginger and fry it for 20 seconds.
9. Stir in sauce ingredients and cook for another 20 seconds.
10. Serve the chicken with sauce.