Parmesan Chicken With Tomato Tagliatelle
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce, softened|
|Fresh rosemary sprig||1|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Ounce, grated|
|Dried white breadcrumbs||1 Ounce|
|Boneless chicken breasts||4 Ounce (with skin on)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomato tagliatelle||6 Ounce|
|Mixed mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Flat leaf parsley||3 Ounce (a bunch)|
|Madeira/Sweet sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. In a bowl, add 1 ounce butter. Finely chop the rosemary, crush the garlic
and add both to the butter with the cheese and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat a frying pan. Loosen the skin from the flesh of each chicken breast and spread the breadcrumb mixture on the flesh then smooth over the skin to cover the filling. Secure each with a cocktail stick.
4. Add a knob of the butter to the pan with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the chicken breasts skin-side down, and cook over a high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until golden, then turn and cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Transfer the chicken to a roasting tin and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until tender.
6. Heat the frying pan again and add the remaining butter and a little of the oil. Slice the shallot and add to the pan. Reduce the heat and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly golden.
7. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the tagliatelle. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until just tender.
8.Slice the mushrooms and finely chop the parsley.
9. To a frying pan, add the mushrooms and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until just tender. Pour in the Madeira or sherry and allow to evaporate.
10. Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add the mushroom mixture and the parsley and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste and pour in enough oil to coat the pasta.
11. On to warmed serving plates, swirl some of the pasta. Carve the chicken breasts diagonally into slices and fan out slightly. Serve at once with the pasta.