Tarragon Chicken Consomme
|Canned chicken broth||14 Ounce (3 cans, about 14 ounces each)|
|Tarragon leaf||2 , crumbled|
|Lemon||1 Small, sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 envelopes)|
|Dairy sour cream||16 Ounce (2 cups, 1 carton)|
1. In a large saucepan, pour broth and spoon off excess fat.
2. Add onion, tarragon, lemon and peppercorns into the broth and stir well. Top it with gelatin and allow it to stand for few minutes until the gelatin softens.
3. Boil the mixture and simmer for another 5 minutes before straining into the large shallow pan. Cool and chill for about 2 hours until firm.
4. Cut firm gelatin into tiny cubes and arrange it in parfait glasses by alternating layers of sour cream.
5. Serve after garnishing with a sprig of parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1049 Calories from Fat 811
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.9%
Saturated Fat 53 g265.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235.9 mg78.6%
Sodium 516.8 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 21.6 g
Protein 32 g63.3%
Vitamin A 54.2% Vitamin C 64.7%
Calcium 59.3% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet