Tarragon Chicken Consomme
|Canned chicken broth||14 Ounce (3 cans, about 14 ounces each)|
|Tarragon leaf||2 , crumbled|
|Lemon||1 Small, sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 envelopes)|
|Dairy sour cream||16 Ounce (2 cups, 1 carton)|
1. In a large saucepan, pour broth and spoon off excess fat.
2. Add onion, tarragon, lemon and peppercorns into the broth and stir well. Top it with gelatin and allow it to stand for few minutes until the gelatin softens.
3. Boil the mixture and simmer for another 5 minutes before straining into the large shallow pan. Cool and chill for about 2 hours until firm.
4. Cut firm gelatin into tiny cubes and arrange it in parfait glasses by alternating layers of sour cream.
5. Serve after garnishing with a sprig of parsley.