Chicken and Cranberry Twists
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken strips||8 Ounce|
|Frozen cranberries||4 Ounce, thawed|
|Rindless streaky bacon rashers||2|
|Potatoes||10 Ounce, baked (2 nos.,5 ounces each)|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh chives||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (small clove)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Orange||1 , juiced, grated rind|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees centigrade. Heat a griddle pan.
2. In a shallow non-metallic dish, add oil, mustard, vinegar and honey. Add the chicken strips and a handful of the cranberries and mix well together. Set aside to marinate.
3. Place the bacon on the griddle pan and cook over a high heat until crispy. Cut the baked potatoes in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh, into a bowl, leaving a ¼-inch border.
4. Add the cream cheese, butter, parsley and chives to the bowl. Crush in the garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the bacon from the griddle pan and crumble into the mixture. Mix well together.
5. In a roasting tin, pile the mixture into the potato shells and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until heated through.
6. Thread 2 chicken strips on to 6-inch soaked bamboo skewers, interweaving them with 6 cranberries. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Place on the griddle pan and cook for 6-8 minutes until tender and golden, turning occasionally.
7. In a small saucepan, add remaining cranberries with the sugar, orange rind and juice and heat until bubbling and thickened, stirring all the time.
8. Pre-heat the grill. Place the hot potatoes under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until bubbling and lightly golden.
9. Put the remaining marinade in a small pan and heat gently to make a warm dressing.
10. On serving plates, arrange the salad leaves and drizzle over the marinade.
11. Add 3 of the skewers and 2 potato halves to each. Serve at once with the cranberry relish.