Cheat's Roast Chicken with Bacon, Roast Potatoes, Bread Sauce and Mustard Cabbage
|Rindless streaky bacon||5|
|Chicken breasts||9 Ounce (3 In Number, 3 Ounce Each, With Skin On)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Prunes||6 , pitted (Ready To Eat Variety)|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (Small Bunch)|
|Milk||6 Fluid Ounce|
|Stale white breadcrumbs||2 Ounce|
|Double cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole grain mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees centigrade.
2. Peel and dice the potatoes. Put in a saucepan of cold salted water, cover, bring to the boil and par-boil for 5 minutes.
3. Using the back of a knife, stretch the bacon rashers. Make 3 slits in the skin side of each chicken breast. Cut 2 rashers of bacon into 3 equal lengths and place 1 in each slit. Season with salt and pepper.
4. In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and brown the chicken all over.
5. Place the chicken, skin-side down, in a roasting dish and roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes until tender.
6. Cut the remaining bacon rashers in half and wrap around the prunes, then add them to the chicken in the oven.
7. Drain the potatoes and add to the pan that the chicken was cooked in. Fry for about 5 minutes, adding a little chopped rosemary, until golden brown on all sides.
8. Stick the cloves in the shallot. Heat the milk with the shallot in a saucepan and bring to the boil, gradually stirring in the breadcrumbs. Season well and stir in half of the butter and 1 tablespoon of cream. Leave to rest. Discard the shallot.
9. Shred the cabbage. Heat a frying pan with a lid and add the remaining butter with 1 tablespoon water. Add the cabbage, cover and shake. As the cabbage begins to wilt, add the remaining cream, the mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well together.
10. Onto each warmed serving plate, place a chicken breast with some of the potatoes, cabbage, bread sauce and 3 bacon rolls.
11. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve at once.