|Skinless chicken breasts||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut in thin strips (About 2 Whole Breasts)|
|Shortening/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canned bamboo shoots||10 Ounce, drained and diced (2 Cans Of 5 Ounce Each)|
|Canned water chestnuts||10 Ounce, drained and sliced (2 Cans Of 5 Ounce Each)|
|Celery||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Bok choy/Romaine||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (Chinese Chard)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||2 Teaspoon|
|Cornstarch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Halved almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In large heavy skillet, cook the chicken in hot shortening or salad oil.
2) Stir in the chicken broth, bamboo shoots, bok choy or romaine, water chestnuts, celery, soy sauce and monosodium glutamate; mix thoroughly.
3) Bring to a boil, then cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
4) In a small bowl, blend the cornstarch in cold water; then stir into the chicken mixture.
5) Stir constantly and cook until the mixture is thick and bubbly.
6) Season with the salt to taste.
7) Garnish the Chicken with Almonds and serve immediately over hot cooked rice.
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.5%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 46.4 mg15.5%
Sodium 1301.9 mg54.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 24 g47.7%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet