Roast Stuffed Cornish Hen
|Cornish hens||84 Ounce (6 In Number, 14 Ounce Each)|
|Wild rice mix/Long grain and wild rice combination||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange sections||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Clean and wash the hens. Pat dry the hens with paper towels.
3) To prepare the stuffing, cook rice in a saucepan, until it is slightly firm.
4) Drain the rice on a colander.
5) In a skillet, add margarine to melt over heat.
6) Add chopped onion to cook until browned.
7) Add rice and sage to toss gently.
8) Lightly stuff the Cornish hens and secure the opening by sewing with a skewer.
9) Use 1/2 cup melted margarine to brush the Cornish hens.
10) Place the hens by keeping the breasts side up position, on a rack in a shallow pan.
11) Place inside oven to roast without cover, for about 1 hour. Occasionally baste the hens with melted margarine during the roasting.
12) In the roasting pan, add 1/2 cup water to the drippings to prepare the sauce.
13) Stir with a wooden spoon to dislodge browned particles from the pan.
14) Add 1/4 cup brandy and 1 cup orange sections to the pan.
15) Simmer the mixture for 2 minutes.
16) Serve the roasted Cornish hens with steamed vegetables, if desired.