Chicken El Calvador
|Fine dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Skinless boneless chicken breast halves||5 Pound (4 In Number, 1 1/4 Pound Each)|
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Apple||1 , cut into wedges (For Garnish)|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Tart apple||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, finely chopped|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Shredded swiss cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Onion salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|For apple sauce|
|Apple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apple brandy/Apple jack||1 Tablespoon|
1. For the Apple Sauce put the apple juice, apple brandy and cornstarch in a 2-cup microwave safe bowl and mix nicely until smooth.
2. Microwave, uncovered, at full power for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens and boils, stirring once. Remove from the oven and whisk until smooth.
3. For the stuffing put the apple, pecans, swiss cheese, onion salt, egg and 2 tablespoons of margarine in a bowl and mix nicely.
4. In a bowl mix the parsley and paprika with the bread crumbs.
5. Keep the chicken breast between 2 sheets of thick plastic sheets (or microwave safe plastic wrap) and beat it with a mallet to a thickness of 1/3 inch.
6. Take off the sheet and brush the top surface with 1 tablespoon margarine and sprinkle the bread crumbs.
7. Take four 10 ounce microwave safe custard cups and arrange the breast so that the crumbed side touches the wall of the cups (if needed overlap the edges).
8. Now with a spoon put the stuffing in the centre hollow part and neaten the cup by removing any hanging particles and putting it inside the cup.
9. Cover the cups with microwave safe plastic wrap and make a few holes for steam to escape.
10. Arrange the cups in a circle in the microwave and microwave at full power for 6 to 8 minutes, moving the position of the cups every 2 minutes to assure proper cooking of all of them.
11. Remove and keep it outside still covered for 5 minutes.
12. Remove from the cups and arrange into plates garnished with apple wedges, and serve with the Apple Sauce.