|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced (Dole)|
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut into serving portions (1 In Number)|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Madeira||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat
2. Add mushrooms and sautÃ© the until they are soft and brown.
3. Remove the mushrooms using a slotted spoon into a bowl and keep aside.
4. Add the chicken to the butter in the skillet and fry the pieces until evenly browned.
5. Sprinkle garlic salt over the chicken and sautÃ© until well browned.
6. Standing away from the pan, carefully pour the brandy over the chicken pieces and flambÃ© them in the alcohol, shaking while doing so.
7. Let the flame die down and reduce the heat.
8. Pour the Madiera and add the fine herbs to the chicken.
9. Cover pan and cook the chicken on low, until tender.
10. Remove the chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
11. To finish the sauce, Add the cream to the juices in the pan and return the mushrooms to the pan.
12. Simmer the sauce, stirring constantly until heated through.
13. Add the green onions to the sauce.
14. Serve the Chicken Madeira with the sauce poured on top.
15. Accompany by a nice green leafy vegetable or a salad dressed with lemon and oil vinaigrette or a pasta if you like.
Calories 646 Calories from Fat 382
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.9%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.7 mg66.6%
Sodium 421.9 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 49 g97.7%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet