Country Captain Chicken
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Green pepper||1 Medium (1/8 Inches Pieces)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut into serving size pieces|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Currants/Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered and toasted|
1) In the blender, add in the tomatoes, garlic, onion and green pepper.
2) Puree the mix while pulsing for a few seconds. The vegetables must be coarsely chopped.
3) In a bowl, mix together flour, curry powder, salt, pepper and thyme.
4) Dip the chicken pieces in the flour mixture to coat well.
5) In a frying pan, melt butter or margarine. Add in the chicken pieces. Saute to brown well on all sides. Sprinkle the leftover spiced flour mixture over the chicken.
6) Add the blended vegetable puree.
7) Next, stir in the currants or raisins.
8) Cover the pan. Turn down the flame and cook the chicken till it becomes tender when tried to poke with a fork. It should take about 45 minutes.
9) Serve the Country Captain Chicken alongside steamed rice. Garnish the chicken with toasted almonds, if desired.