|Raw chicken breasts||2 , whole, skinned and thinly sliced (Semi-Thawed Chicken Is Better For Slicing)|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced water chestnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned bamboo shoots||5 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chicken broth/Chicken bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond slivers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
1) In a heavy frying pan, heat oil.
2) Add chicken to sautÃ© for 2-3 minutes.
3) Add onion and celery to cook together for 5 minutes.
4) Fold in water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, chicken broth and soy sauce.
5) Cover with a lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
6) In a bowl, dissolve sugar and cornstarch in cold water.
7) Pour the mixture over chicken.
8) Stir in until the gravy is thick and consistent.
9) Season the preparation with salt.
10) Serve warm by garnishing with toasted almonds.
Calories 564 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.1%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 1880.2 mg78.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.2%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 47 g93.6%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet