Poached Chicken With Lemons And Oranges
|Broiling chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Chicken bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oranges||2 , freshly squeezed|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Club soda||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Sprinkle salt over the chicken pieces and then squeeze lemon juice, tossing to coat evenly.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat
3. Add the chicken to the butter in the skillet and fry the pieces until evenly browned.
4. Reduce the heat to low.
5. Pour the bouillon over the chicken.
6. Cover pan and cook the chicken on low for about 30 minutes or until tender.
7. Remove the chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
8. To finish the sauce, add orange juice, pepper and club soda to the liquid in the pan
9. Boil the sauce, stirring stirring until reduced and thickened.
10. Pour the sauce over the poached chicken.
11. Garnish with orange or lemon zest if you like.
12. Accompany with a nice green leafy vegetable or a salad dressed with lemon and oil vinaigrette or a pasta if you like.