Iron Plate Sizzled Chicken
|Chicken breast fillet||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Cornflour paste||2 Teaspoon (Thick)|
|Mange-tout/Broccoli / green pepper / any greens||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Seasoned oil||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Spring onion||1 , cut into short sections|
|Ginger root pieces||4 Small (Fresh)|
|Soft brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Teriyaki sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||3 Drop|
1. To prepare the chicken cut it into slices about the size of large postage stamps, then mix with a pinch of salt, egg white and cornflour paste.
2. Top and tail the mange-tout or cut the other green vegetables into thin slices.
3. Cut the carrot into thin slices.
4. Heat the iron-plate before you heat the oil in a preheated wok.
5. In the wok blanch the chicken for about 30 seconds until the color changes, remove and drain.
6. Pour off the excess oil, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the wok.
7. Add the spring onion, ginger and vegetables and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
8. Add the remaining salt and sugar followed by the chicken, stirring for a few times.
9. Blend well adding the Teriyaki sauce, wine, MSG (if using) and sesame oil.
10. Bring the food on the hot iron-plate sizzling to the table
11. Alternately put the food on a warm dish and bring it to the table, then pour it into the iron-plate just before serving.