Desert Sage And Garlic Roasted Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken||3|
|Corn bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely shredded fresh sage||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sliced garlic||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For honey baked shallots:|
|Shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), peeled|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Finely shredded fresh sage||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
2) Halve the chickens down the backbone and remove the backbone and wing tips at the joint.
3) In a mixing bowl, mix the corn bread crumbs, sage, garlic, milk, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper together.
4) Gently push a layer of stuffing between the meat and skin, dividing the stuffing equally among the chicken halves.
5) Brush the chickens with oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper to taste.
6) Place the chicken on well greased baking sheets and roast in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
7) Wrap all ingredients for the honey baked shallots together in a piece of aluminum foil.
9) Bake with the chicken at 375°F until the chicken is done.
10) Check the doneeness of chicken by piercing the flesh of the leg with the tip of a knife, if the juices run clear, the chicken is done.
11) Serve the roasted chicken with honey baked shallots.