Delicious Chicken Coconut
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs), hot|
|Monosodium glutamate||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned pineapple tidbits||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Coconuts||3 Large, grated (Fresh Calavo)|
1. In a large saucepan, place the chicken pieces and breasts and cover with cold water.
2. Poach the chicken until tender.
3. Drain the stock, reserving about 2 cups.
4. Shred chicken off the bones and season the meat with salt. Keep aside in a bowl.
5. In a the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
6. Stir in the flour and sautÃ© it to make a roux.
7. Blend in the cream and chicken stock, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
8. When the sauce is smooth, cook it over low heat until it is thick and bubbly.
9. Season the sauce with salt and monosodium glutamate (MSG)
10. Stir in the chicken, pineapple and coconut, saving a little coconut for garnish.
11. Heat through, stirring gently.
12. Serve the Delicious Chicken Coconut over hot steamed rice in bowl, garnished with remaining coconut.