Griddled Chicken Stacks
|Red pepper||1 , cubed|
|Yellow pepper||1 , cubed|
|Watercress bunch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Long grain wild rice mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||To Taste, grounded|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime zest||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a small pan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
2. To make the dressing, combine Dijon mustard, honey, lemon and lime zest, lemon and lime juice, ground black pepper, and olive oil together.
3. Reserve some dressing for the stacks.
4. Toss in the watercress into remaining dressing and mix well.
5. Smack the chicken breasts with a wooden stick. This will help them cook faster and cut easily.
6. Cut out small discs out of the chicken breasts using a cookie cutter.
7. Add rice to the boiling water and cook it for 18 minutes approximately.
8. Warm up a grill pan, spray some olive oil into it and cook the peppers until tender.
9. Grill thin chicken roundels until cooked.
10. To assemble the dish, place a chicken disk on the plate, add a thick layer of cooked rice, some watercress salad ad seared peppers and finally top it with another chicken disk and add some dressing on top.
11. Serve with watercress salad.
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 702.8 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 46 g92.8%
Vitamin A 27.5% Vitamin C 201%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet