Lentil Chicken Stew
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|Vegetable oil/Bacon fat||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Dried lentils||1 Pound|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Winter savory sprigs/Parsley sprigs||10|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley leaves||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Use Chopped Fresh)|
1) In a non-stick pan, heat bacon fat or oil and brown chicken in it.
2) Remove the chicken and place in the slow cooker.
3) In the same pan, add 1 cup of water.
4) Bring the water to a boil, stirring continuously to scrape off the bits.
5) Pour the water over the chicken, along with lentils, savory or parsley, onion, salt, sugar and thyme into the slow cooker.
6) Put the lid on and simmer for 6 to 8 hours.
7) Take the chicken out of the cooker and cut into dices.
8) Put the chicken back in stew.
9) Serve hot in the bowls and garnish with chopped parsley.