Barbecued Fried Chicken
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|Catsup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the Crisco in a large skillet
2. In a paper bag or a plastic bag, tip in the flour and salt; mix well. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time to the bag and then mix well. Shake the bag to coat the chicken pieces
3. Add the chicken to the skillet in batches and brown all over. Continue till all the chicken is browned.
4. In a large saucepan, pour in the catsup, water, onion, garlic, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper and mix well till combined.
5. Heat the mixture to boiling and then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Mix well
6. When all of the chicken is browned, add sauce to the chicken and cover and cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender.
7. Serve hot