Crab and Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Light sour cream - 1/2 cup
Light mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
Skim milk - 2 tablespoons
Dijon mustard - 2 teaspoons
FOR CHICKEN AND STUFFING:
Large boneless skinless chicken breast halves - 4
Green Giant Frozen Spinach - 1 (9-ounces) package, thawed, squeezed to drain
Green onions - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Green bell pepper - 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
Fresh parsley - 2 tablespoons, chopped
Pine nuts - 2 tablespoons, chopped , toasted
Crabmeat - 1 (6-oz.) can, drained, rinsed and flaked
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Brandy or water - 1/4 cup
Butter - 3 tablespoons, melted
Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs - 1/2 cup
Paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
2. With nonstick cooking spray, coat 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish.
3. Take a small saucepan, mix all sauce ingredients well; set aside.
4. Flatten each chicken breast half, keep the boned side up between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. With rolling pin or flat side of meat mallet, working from center, gently pound chicken until about 1/4 inch thick; remove wrap.
4. Take a medium bowl, mix spinach, onions, bell pepper, parsley, pine nuts, crabmeat and 3 tablespoons of the sauce; mix well.
5. Season chicken breast halves with salt and pepper.
6. Keep about 1/2 cup of the spinach mixture on each chicken breast half. Bring 1 end of breast half over spinach mixture. Fold in sides; roll up jelly-roll fashion.
7. Take a shallow dish, mix brandy and butter well.
8. In different shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and paprika; blend well.
9. Dredge each chicken roll in butter mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Arrange chicken rolls, seam side down, sprayed baking dish. Pour any remaining butter mixture over chicken rolls.
10. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear.
11. In small saucepan, heat remaining sauce over low heat until hot, stirring frequently.
12. Immediately, serve sauce with chicken.