Salt - 2 teaspoons
Chinese rice wine - 1/4 pint (150 ml)
Brandy, whisky or rum - 3 tablespoons
Fresh ginger root - 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
Spring onions - 2-3, cut into short sections
Salt and pepper to taste
1. To prepare the chicken blanch it in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
2. Remove onto a large bowl placing it (breast side down) and add the salt, wine, spirit, ginger and spring onions.
3. In a hot steamer place the bowl and steam vigorously for at least 2 hours.
4. Remove the chicken and place on a serving dish, breast side up.
5. Adjusting the seasonings pour the cooking liquid over the chicken and serve hot.