Stuffed Roast Chicken
Onion -1, grated
Pepper -1 dessertspoon [1X10 ml spoon]
Natural yoghurt -8 oz [250 g]
Potatoes -1 lb [500 g], cooked and riced
Lemon -1, juice only
Eggs -2, hardboiled and chopped
Almonds -2 tablespoons [2X 20 ml spoons], finely chopped
Raisins -4 oz [100 g]
Butter -4 oz [100 g]
Salt and pepper
1) Combine the yoghurt, onion and pepper and mix well and add over the chicken.
2) Using a fork or skewer, pierce the chicken to marinate well. Allow to sit for about 2 hours.
3) Add lemon juice over the potatoes, and mix in the eggs and almonds.
4) In a bowl, add raisins and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak for about 10 minutes, then drain and add to the potato mix.
5) Stuff the neck and body of the chicken and use a wooden cocktail stick to secure.
6) In a pan, heat butter and brown the chicken well.
7) Cover and place in oven for 1 1/2-2 hours at 375°F (190°C), Gas Mark 5.
8) Serve with a side of mashed potatoes.