Chicken in High Spirits
Plain Flour - 4 tablespoons
Salt - to taste
Black Pepper - to taste
Button Mushrooms - 8 ounce, small
Butter - 2 ounce
Dry White Wine - 1/2 pint
Artichoke Hearts - 1 can, drained
Chives - 2 tablespoons, chopped
Brandy - 6 tablespoons
Sour Cream - 1/4 pint, for serving
1) In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken breasts in the mixture.
2) Slice the mushrooms in halves.
3) In a wok, melt the butter. Add in the chicken and brown well on both sides.
4) Add in the leftover flour over the mix and mix well.
5) Next, pour in the wine and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
6) Place a lid on the wok. Turn down the heat and cook on simmer for about 15 minutes.
7) Add in the artichoke hearts at the end of 15 minutes.
8) Next, add in the mushrooms and chives. Cook for about a minute longer.
9) Heat the brandy to warm. Pour it over the chicken and set aflame immediately.
10) Serve the chicken directly in the wok while the flame is still there.
11) Serve a bowl of sour cream on the side.