Chicken with Broccoli
Broccoli - 1 pound
Butter - 2 ounce
Salt - to taste
Black Pepper - freshly ground
Flaked Almonds - 2 ounce
Plain Flour - 1 tablespoon
Orange Juice - 1 no
Dry White Wine - 1/4 pint
1) Slice the chicken breasts into fine strips.
2) Chop the broccoli into florets. If the stems are tough, slice through them or simply discard.
3) In a wok, melt butter. Stir-fry the chicken strips. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till the pieces brown well on both sides.
4) Once browned, add in the flaked almonds. Cook till the almonds change color as well.
5) Sprinkle flour into the wok. Stir well for about a minute.
6) Add in the orange juice and wine. Let the mixture come to boil. Turn down the heat. Add in the broccoli pieces.
7) Cook the mixture on simmer for 2 minutes. When the broccoli turns crisp yet tender, turn off the flame.
8) Serve the Broccoli Chicken directly in the wok. Serve seasoned sour cream on the side, if desired.