Chicken Liver Boats
All purpose flour - 2 tablespoons
Butter or margarine - 2 tablespoons
Onion - 2 tablespoons, chopped
Steak sauce - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Pepper - dash
Light cream - 1/4 cup
Piecrust mix - 1 stick
Parmesan cheese - as required
Paprika - to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) Dredge the chicken livers with flour until thoroughly coated.
3) In a skillet, cook the livers with butter, onion and steak sauce for 10 minutes.
4) Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then mash the livers well and stir in cream.
5) Prepare the piecrust mix as per the package directions.
6) Roll out the dough and cut in 2 1/4-inch rounds.
7) Place 1 teaspoon liver mixture on each pastry circle and pinch two opposite ends to form oval boats.
8) Sprinkle the mixture with Parmesan cheese.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes and sprinkle with paprika.
10) Serve the Chicken Liver Boats immediately on a platter.