Potato Chicken Nut
Chicken joints -4
Butter -1 1/2 oz [35 g]
Small onion, chopped
Large stick celery -1, diced
Mixed herbs -1/2 teaspoon [2.5 ml]
Plain flour - 3/4 oz [20 g]
Crunchy peanut butter -3 oz [75 g]
Milk -3/4 pint [375 ml]
Salt and pepper
1) In a pan, heat butter.
2) Take off the chicken joint skins and fry on both sides for about 5 minutes.
3) In a greased casserole, arrange some of the potato slices, and keep aside the remainder for the top.
4) Arrange the chicken joints over the potatoes.
5) Stir in the onion and celery into the pan and fry for 5 minutes.
6) Mix in flour and the herbs and season and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
7) Stir in the peanut butter and turn off the heat.
8) Slowly add in the milk.
9) Place over low heat and stir till thickened.
10) Add the sauce over the chicken joints.
11) Top with the remaining potato slices and brush with a little melted butter.
12) Place in oven at 350°F (180°C), Gas Mark 4, for 1 1/2 hours.
13) Garnish with chopped celery and serve.