Anglo Saxon Chicken
Duchesse potatoes -1 lb [500 g]
Butter -1 oz [25 g]
Cream -2 tablespoons [2X20 ml spoons]
Seasoned flour -3 tablespoons [3 X 20 ml spoons]
Onion -1, large, sliced
Garlic -2 cloves
Beer -1/4 pint [125 ml]
Chicken stock cube -1
Salt and pepper
1) In a pan, add butter and heat.
2) Pat the chicken joints in the seasoned flour and coat well.
3) Add In butter and fry.
4) Mix in the sliced onion and crushed garlic and mix well.
5) In a bowl, add the beer and mix in the stock cube.
6) Mix well and add into the frying pan.
7) Place lid over the pan, and simmer for 30 minutes.
8) In a shallow dish, pipe the duchesse potatoes in a ring and brown in a hot oven or under the grill.
9) Place chicken joints in the centre.
10) If required, thicken leftover gravy in the pan with a teaspoon (1X5 ml spoon) of cornflour. Stir in the cream.
11) Pour the gravy over the chicken joints and serve hot.