Savory Chicken Bites
Celery - 1/3 cup, finely chopped
Pimento - 12-oz. jar, drained & chopped
Crescent dinner rolls - 2 8-oz. cans, refrigerated
Cream cheese - 1 8-oz. pkg., softened
Lemon juice - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried basil leaves - 1/2 teaspoon, crushed
Onion salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Dried oregano leaves - 1/8 teaspoon, crushed
Dried thyme leaves - 1/8 teaspoon, crushed
Egg - 1, beaten
Sesame seed - 1 1/2 teaspoons
1) Take a mixing bowl and combine cream cheese, lemon juice and seasonings. Mix well.
2) Stir in celery, chicken and pimento. Toss nicely and keep aside.
3) Separate the dough into eight rectangles. Firmly press around perforations. Spread each rectangle with cream cheese mixture, leaving 1/2-inch of dough along the edges. Roll up, and seal the edges.
4) Brush with egg and sprinkle sesame seed. Cut each roll into four pieces. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
5) Sprinkle some extra oregano and serve hot.