Grilled Herbed Chicken
Dried whole thyme - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried whole oregano - 1/2 teaspoon
Boneless chicken breast halves - 6, skinned
Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
Lemon - 1, juiced
Vegetable cooking spray
1) In a small bowl, combine together the basil, thyme and oregano. Set aside.
2) From the chicken, trim the excess fat and then wash it with cold water. Pat dry.
3) Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, place the chicken and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten it to thickness of ¼-inch.
4) With olive oil, brush the surface of the chicken and sprinkle lemon juice and the reserved herbs all over.
5) With cooking spray, coat the grill.
6) Grill the chicken about 6 inches over medium coals for about 10 minutes, till the chicken is tender. Turn it once.
7) Place the hot chicken on a decorative serving plate and serve piping hot. Makes an excellent main course dish. A light, green salad goes well with the grilled chicken.