Chicken Peas And Ham
Water- 1 pound
Lean Ham- 1/2 pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Marjoram- 2 teaspoons
Bay Leaf- 1 no.
Onions- 2nos., chopped
Carrots-2nos., cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Potatoes- 2nos., cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Leek- 1no. or Scallions- 2nos., sliced
Salt- 2 teaspoons
Fresh Parsley- chopped, for garnish
1) In a slow cooker, soak peas in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours.
4) Strain the peas, reserving the liquid.
5) Return the peas to the slow cooker, along with ham, marjoram, bay leaf, onions, carrots, potatoes, leek and salt.
6) Pour in enough of reserved liquid to slightly cover the peas.
7) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
8) Serve hot in bowls garnished with chopped parsley if desired.