Two Flavoured Chicken
|Oven ready chicken||2 Pound|
|Root ginger||6 , medium thick slices|
|Light soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon, rind||1 , pared|
|Spring onions||To Taste (For The Garnish)|
|Red pepper||1 (For The Garnish)|
|Lemon||1 Small (For The Garnish)|
1) Slice the chicken into two halves, along its length.
2) Remove the unwanted skin and extra fat.
3) Transfer the chicken onto a large heatproof dish or preferably a bowl with sloping sides. In either case the dish must fit into the wok.
4) Place the ginger pieces over and around the chicken. Pour a mixture of sherry, soy sauce and turmeric over it.
5) Slice the lemon rind thin and sprinkle over the chicken.
6) Transfer the dish to the steaming rack. Place the steamer in turn inside the wok. Add enough water to reach upto the bottom of the dish.
7) Cover the wok. Let the water come to a boil. Steam for about 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
8) When there is 20 minutes left for the chicken to cook, add in cornflour and water paste. Stir well into the sauce around the chicken. Cook till the chicken just starts to thicken. Continue steaming.
9) For the garnish, trim the spring onions. Snip their ends slightly and curl them up. Thinly slice the lemon and slice the red pepper into fine strips.
10) Plate the steamed chicken after removing all the pieces of ginger in it.
11) Pour the sauce over the chicken.
12) Garnish with the spring onions, lemon slices and pepper strips. Serve hot.