Crispy Chicken Wun Tuns
|Boneless chicken breasts||2 Small|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Five spice powder||1 Pinch|
|Won ton dough mix||1|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Pint (For Frying)|
|Spring onion curls||To Taste (For The Garnish:)|
|Lemon||1 , wedges (For The Garnish:)|
1) Slice each chicken breast into nine pieces about the size of a thumbnail, not larger.
2) Add the chicken pieces into a bowl. Mix it with soy sauce. Add in a crushed garlic along with the five spice powder.
3) Stir the chicken in the marinade to coat well. Cover the dish and let marinate overnight or at least 8 hours.
4) Use store-bought wun tun dough. Roll them out and place a chicken piece in the centre of each square sheet.
5) Brush the edges of the sheet with a beaten egg. Enclose the filling completely by bringing the sides of the sheet together. Leaves the edges open like muslin herb bags.
6) In a wok, heat oil to a temperature of 375F. Once hot, add in the wun tuns in batches. Deep fry the wun tuns till golden brown on both sides.
7) Drain them on paper towels.
8) Serve the Crispy Chicken Wun Tuns garnished with spring onions and lemon wedges.