Healthy Baked Chicken Scarpariello
|Chicken thigh||4 Large|
|Italian sausage||1⁄2 Pound, 1 1/2 inch pieces|
|Potato||3 Medium, cut into large chunks|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Mushroom||9 Medium, halved|
|Hot cherry pepper||3 Medium, deseeded, cut into medium dices (in vinegar)|
|Garlic clove||2 Medium, sliced|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Old bay seasoning||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and old bay seasoning, then add them to a large Ziploc bag with the cornstarch. After sealing the top of the bag shake until the chicken is well coated then set the chick aside on a plate.
3) In a very large nonstick saute pan over a medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil and place the chicken, skin side down into the pan then add the sausage to the pan in the remaining space available.
4) Turn the chicken and sausage over after the first 5 minutes and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes on the second side before removing all the meat from the pan and setting aside.
5) Add the potatoes with some salt and pepper to the pan and saute for 5 minutes before turning them and adding all the rest of the vegetables and a little more salt and pepper, then saute for another 3 to 5 minutes.
6) Stir everything together and place the chicken back into the pan being sure each piece has contact with the bottom. Nestle in the sausages wherever they fit, pour in the wine and any drippings from the meat.
7) Bake the preparation uncovered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8) Serve the chicken delicacy while it is still hot and delicious.
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 122.8 mg40.9%
Sodium 1139.1 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 32 g64.7%
Vitamin A 25.8% Vitamin C 121%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet