Stir Fried Chicken And Vegetable
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||1 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch*1/4 inch strips|
|Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Finely chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Chinese pea pods||6 Ounce|
|Celery stalks||6 Ounce, cut diagonally into 1/4 inch slices (3 Cup)|
|Mushrooms||6 Ounce, sliced (2 Cup)|
|Sliced water chestnuts||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sliced bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large bowl, mix together chicken, egg white, 1 teaspoon corn starch and 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
2) Now, put the chicken in a container with a lid and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
3) Take a wok or a 12-inch skillet and heat it. Add oil to it and rotate it to coat the sides.
4) Add garlic and gingerroot. Stir fry until light brown.
5) Now, add pea pods and celery and then stir fry it until light brown.
6) Add mushrooms, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots and cook for a minute.
7) Now, remove all the vegetables from the wok.
8) Add the remaining oil and then add chicken.
9) Cook it over high heat until chicken is nice cooked.
10) Mix the broth and then add sugar to the chicken.
11) Bring it to a boil and lower the heat.
12) Cover the wok with a lid and simmer.
13) Keep stirring occasionally.
14) Make a mixture of water, corn starch, and remaining soy sauce and add it to the chicken.
15) Boil the mixture and stir for a minute.
16) Now, add vegetables to chicken and mix it well.
17) Serve stir fried chicken with vegetables with some rice or noodles.