Pate Of Chicken Livers
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
|Fat pork meat||8|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Sieved fresh breadcrumbs||4 Ounce|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Bacon (streaky) rashers||8|
1. Through a mincer pass liver, garlic and fat pork twice.
2. Rub through a sieve.
3. In a bowl mix breadcrumbs, seasonings, brandy and beaten eggs. Beat well until mixture can be drop off the spoon.
4. Arrange bacon in 1 pt terrine or casserole.
5. Transfer liver mixture into casserole.
6. Place bacon over it and cover with lid.
7. Keep gently in a baking tin of water and cook at No. 3 for 2 1/2 hours at the centre of oven.
8. Let stand for sometime until cool. Cover the top with a layer of melted lard if kept for long.
9. Serve cold with split toast or hot with vegetables.