Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1 , minced|
|Chicken breast||1 , skinned and boned (2 Pieces)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a pan, add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and heat.
2) Mix in mushrooms and saute till all liquid evaporates. Cool.
3) In a bowl add cream cheese, nutmeg, pepper, and green onion and mash well.
4) Flatten the chicken breasts and spread half the mushroom mix on each breast.
5) Top with half the cream cheese, then loosely fold over the sides to the middle.
6) In a casserole dish, place the chicken folded-side down.
7) Top with vinegar and remaining butter, and place in oven at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
8) Baste the chicken at least once during baking.
9) Serve hot with a garnish of pepper and a dollop of cream cheese.