Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1 , minced|
|Chicken breast||1 , skinned and boned (2 Pieces)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a pan, add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and heat.
2) Mix in mushrooms and saute till all liquid evaporates. Cool.
3) In a bowl add cream cheese, nutmeg, pepper, and green onion and mash well.
4) Flatten the chicken breasts and spread half the mushroom mix on each breast.
5) Top with half the cream cheese, then loosely fold over the sides to the middle.
6) In a casserole dish, place the chicken folded-side down.
7) Top with vinegar and remaining butter, and place in oven at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
8) Baste the chicken at least once during baking.
9) Serve hot with a garnish of pepper and a dollop of cream cheese.
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.4 mg30.1%
Sodium 89.5 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 21 g41.8%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 4% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet