Chicken With Chicken Peas And Cheese Croquettes
|Chicken pieces||3 Pound, cut into 8 pieces (1 Chicken)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and grated|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Canned chickpeas||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|French loaf/Italian white bread||1⁄2 Pound, crust cut off and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (Fresh)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange blossom water||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strained fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Pre heat an oven at lowest temperature.
2. Line a baking pan with good quantity of paper towels and place in oven.
3. In a heavy bottomed casserole/ skillet, combine all the ingredients required for grilled chicken, apart from chickpeas and water. Mix well.
4. Cook on a high flame for 15 minutes or till chicken is crisp and golden brown in colour.
5. Add chickpeas and water, mix well and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce flame, cover and cook for 1 ½ hours or till chicken is cooked.
7. Once cooked, separate chicken, chickpeas and drippings/ sauce that would remain once chicken is cooked. You can cover with foil and place in oven so it stays warm till service.
8. In a medium sized bowl, combine milk and bread and keep aside to soak for 10 minutes.
9. Once soaked, drain off excess milk and squeeze out excess milk from bread.
10. Place back in bowl and add remaining ingredients (except oil) as required for croquettes. Mix till well combined.
11. In a heavy bottomed skillet, keep oil for heating.
12. Shape croquettes into 1 inch diameter slightly flattened balls.
13. Deep fry for 1 to 2 minutes or till golden brown in colour.
14. Once fried, remove on to lined baking pan and place in oven so that they remain warm till service.
15. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and lemon juice and mix well using a fork.
16. In a small sauce pan, combine remaining chicken drippings/ sauce, egg yolk mixture and whisk well.
17. Cook on a low flame till mixture thickens. Ensure you don-€™t over heat it. There are chances of it curdling on doing so.
18. Once cooked, remove and keep aside.
19. Make a ring formation using cheese croquettes on outer edge of serving platter.
20. Place chicken pieces on inner edges, in similar circular fashion.
21. Place cooked chickpeas at centre of platter.
22. Drizzle sauce evenly and sprinkle chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
If you don-€™t want to use canned chick peas, use regular chick peas. Soak 1 cup dried chickpeas in water overnight. Par boil and drain. Use in recipe.
Calories 757 Calories from Fat 427
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.7%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151 mg50.3%
Sodium 726.6 mg30.3%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 51 g101.5%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet