Grilled Chablis Chicken
|Boneless chicken breast halves||6 , skinned|
|Chablis/Other dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green onions with tops||4 , chopped|
|Dried whole basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) From the chicken, trim the excess fat.
2) With cold water, wash the chicken and pat dry.
3) Put the chicken in a 12x8x2-inch baking dish.
4) Combine together the vinegar, wine, green onions, basil and pepper. Stir well to mix.
5) Pour the mixture all over the chicken.
6) Cover the chicken for about 4 hours and marinate in the fridge.
7) Take the chicken out of the marinade and discard the green onions. Reserve the marinade.
8) On a grill coated with cooking spray, arrange the chicken.
9) Grill the chicken about 6 inches over the hot coals for about 10 minutes or till the chicken is soft. Turn and baste with the reserved marinade every 3 minutes.
10) Put the grilled chicken on a decorative serving platter and serve while it is still very hot and crisp. Makes an excellent main course dish. It is low fat, low calorie and delicious.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 295.8 mg98.6%
Sodium 366.1 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 119 g238.7%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 32.2%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 34.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet