Chicken, Ham and Mushroom Quiche
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Button mushrooms||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Cooked ham||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Cooked chicken||6 Ounce, chopped|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Dried mixed herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Watercress||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1) Roll out the dough on a dusted working board.
2) Using the rolled dough sheet line 8 inch flan ring.
3) Set on a baking sheet.
4) Blind bake the pastry case in the oven for 15 minutes.
5) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onions until soft.
6) Stir in the mushrooms to the onions and for 3 minutes.
7) Add in ham and chicken and stir for 5 minutes.
8) Place the ham mixture in the base of the pastry case.
9) In a bowl, mix together eggs, cream, herb and seasoning.
10) Spoon the egg mixture over the filling.
11) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the filling is set.
12) Allow to cool over a wire rack.
13) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the quiche until firm, and remove from tins.
14) Wrap the quiche individually in foil and pack in freezer bag.
15) Seal, label and return to freezer.
16) Garnish with watercress just before serving.
17) If using the frozen quiche, take off the wrapping and place on the baking pan.
18) Reheat from frozen in the preheated moderate oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.
19) Serve as mentioned in step 16.
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.8%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180.8 mg60.3%
Sodium 189.3 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.6%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 28 g55.1%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet