Orange Skillet Chicken
|Broiler fryer||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut up and skinned (1 cup)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grand marnier/Other orange flavored liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Reduced calorie orange marmalade||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1) Remove excess fat from chicken.
2) Wash chicken with cold water; par dry.
3) Take a large skillet and coat it with cooking spray.
4) Add oil to the skillet and place over medium-high heat until hot.
5) Add chicken and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
6) Remove chicken and remove the excess oil by draining on paper towels.
7) With a paper towel, wipe the skillet.
8) Return chicken to skillet.
9) Add brandy, and heat just until warm (do nor boil), ignite brandy with a long-handled match.
10) When flames die, add orange juice, 1/2 cup water, salt, and pepper, stirring well.
11) Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
12) Add Grand Marnier, marmalade, and lemon juice.
13) Cover and simmer 10 minutes, basting occasionally.
14) Remove chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm.
15) Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water, stirring until blended.
16) Pour cornstarch mixture into chicken liquid; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
17) Remove from heat, and spoon orange juice mixture over chicken.
18) Serve the chicken immediately with some bread and salad.