Orange Skillet Chicken
|Broiler fryer||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut up and skinned (1 cup)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grand marnier/Other orange flavored liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Reduced calorie orange marmalade||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1) Remove excess fat from chicken.
2) Wash chicken with cold water; par dry.
3) Take a large skillet and coat it with cooking spray.
4) Add oil to the skillet and place over medium-high heat until hot.
5) Add chicken and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
6) Remove chicken and remove the excess oil by draining on paper towels.
7) With a paper towel, wipe the skillet.
8) Return chicken to skillet.
9) Add brandy, and heat just until warm (do nor boil), ignite brandy with a long-handled match.
10) When flames die, add orange juice, 1/2 cup water, salt, and pepper, stirring well.
11) Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
12) Add Grand Marnier, marmalade, and lemon juice.
13) Cover and simmer 10 minutes, basting occasionally.
14) Remove chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm.
15) Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water, stirring until blended.
16) Pour cornstarch mixture into chicken liquid; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
17) Remove from heat, and spoon orange juice mixture over chicken.
18) Serve the chicken immediately with some bread and salad.
Calories 983 Calories from Fat 565
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.4%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 297.7 mg99.2%
Sodium 413.3 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.27%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 74 g147.7%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 31.4%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet