Coconut Chicken with Two Corianders
|Ginger root||1 1⁄2 Inch, peeled and minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Green chiles||3 , trimmed, seeded and finely chopped|
|Powdered coriander||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Coconut cream/1 cup coconut milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Wash chicken and pat dry on paper towels.
2) In a pan, add oil and heat.
3) Add in the chicken and cook till well browned.
4) Lower heat and mix in garlic and chiles.
5) Stir well and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Mix in coriander and cook for 5 minutes more.
7) Add in either 1/2 cup water or coconut milk.
8) Partially cover with lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
9) Pour in coconut cream and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
10) Set chicken on plate and garnish with coriander sprigs.