Chicken With Coriander And Mint
|Finely chopped garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Saffron threads/Crushed saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped fresh mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cleaned and dried (1 whole)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Pre heat an oven to 187.5C (375F).
2. Smear chicken with salt and black pepper and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine rest of the ingredients (apart from onions and water) and mix well to a smooth paste.
4. Smear chicken with this paste evenly and place in a heavy bottomed oven proof casserole pot.
5. Without allowing any water to come in contact with chicken, place water and chopped onions also in the casserole pot.
6. Cover and cook on a high flame till water starts to boil.
7. Once boiled, remove and place casserole in the centre rack of pre heated oven and bake for 45 minutes or till done.
8. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside. Do not discard the braised drippings. Reserve them on to a sauce bowl or sauce boat.
9. Broil chicken for about 6 to 8 minutes over a coal/ electric broiler, ensuring its 3 inches away from direct heat. Keep turning while doing this to ensure even colour on all sides.
10. Transfer on to a presentation plate and serve along with braised sauce.
In order to check if chicken is cooked or not, pierce knife near thigh bone area. If the juices that ooze out are pink, they need to be cooked more. If they are pale yellow in colour, they are cooked.