Chicken in Madeira
|Chickens||2 Small (tender)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Madeira||4 Ounce (1 glass)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
1. Clean the chicken and joint; leaving the pieces fairly large.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a non-stick pan, heat a little butter and quickly fry the chicken until brown from all sides.
4. Remove browned chicken from the pan.
5. Into a soaked RomertopF, place the browned chicken and add sliced mushrooms, crushed garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
6. In a bowl, mix lemon juice, tomato puree and stock; pour the mixture all over the chicken.
7. Cover the RomertopF and cook for about 45 minutes until chicken is tender.
8. Just before serving, stir in the Madeira.
9. Serve Chicken in Madeira over a bed of rice or a nest of boiled noodles with butter.
Calories 1706 Calories from Fat 1076
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183.7%
Saturated Fat 36.3 g181.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 578.9 mg193%
Sodium 674.4 mg28.1%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 141 g282.6%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 39.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet