Jane Horrocks' Honey Chicken with Grapes and Almonds
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sherry||1 Tablespoon (Dry or medium)|
|Light soy sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Almonds||1 Tablespoon, blanched (A few)|
|Green grapes||2 Tablespoon (A few)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a casserole dish, place the chicken.
3) Mix together the honey, soy sauce, sherry, salt and pepper and brush the chicken with some of the mixture.
4) Cook the chicken in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Keep brushing the chicken with the remaining mixture at intervals during the cooking time.
5) Right before serving, fry the almonds and grapes gently in the butter for some minutes. Scatter them all over the chicken pieces.
6) Transfer the cooked chicken to a decorative serving platter and serve piping hot with new potatoes and courgettes. Makes an excellent appetizer.