Easy Roasted Chicken
|Rosemary sprig||1 , sliced in half|
|Thyme sprigs||1 , sliced in half|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat your oven to 475 degrees. Wash and thoroughly dry the chicken inside and out.
2. At the edges of the cavity of the chicken gently lift up the flap of skin that leads to the chicken breast. Using your index finger separate the skin from the flesh for both breasts.
3. Under each flap of skin insert the rosemary, thyme, and sage leaves. Rub the salt and black pepper all over the chicken with some in the cavity.
4. Place the edges of the wings behind the back of the chicken.
5. Heat an ovenproof sauté pan that is large enough to hold the chicken on a burner over high heat.
6. Once again pat dry the chicken with a paper towel and place backside down in the ovenproof sauté pan. Place the whole chicken in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
7. Flip the chicken breast side down in the pan and roast for 10 minutes.
8. Flip the chicken once again backside down and roast for 5 to 10 minutes longer or until the chicken thigh reaches an internal temperature of 170 to 175 degrees.
9. Remove from the oven and baste the chicken with the juices in the sauté pan. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before carving.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com
Calories 637 Calories from Fat 340
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g53.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.9 mg76%
Sodium 350.3 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 0.79 g0.26%
Dietary Fiber 0.34 g1.4%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 69 g138.5%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 5% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet