Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||4|
|Goat cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a chicken breast and cut a 3 inch pocket on the side of the breast. In the thickest portion of the breast.
2. Using a butter knife spread the goat cheese in the pocket. Stuff with the basil.
3. Take a toothpick and secure the pocket opening.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat the olive oil and 1/3 of the butter.
6. Fry each side for 2 to 3 minutes over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken broth. Cook covered for an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 160°F to 165°F.
7. Remove the chicken. Add the remaining butter and wine to the pan. Increase the heat to high. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes.
8. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com