Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||4|
|Goat cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a chicken breast and cut a 3 inch pocket on the side of the breast. In the thickest portion of the breast.
2. Using a butter knife spread the goat cheese in the pocket. Stuff with the basil.
3. Take a toothpick and secure the pocket opening.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat the olive oil and 1/3 of the butter.
6. Fry each side for 2 to 3 minutes over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken broth. Cook covered for an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 160°F to 165°F.
7. Remove the chicken. Add the remaining butter and wine to the pan. Increase the heat to high. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes.
8. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com
Calories 982 Calories from Fat 509
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.8%
Saturated Fat 28.7 g143.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 307.4 mg102.5%
Sodium 768.8 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.85%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 97 g194.6%
Vitamin A 35.7% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 56.4% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet