|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Mango chutney||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (A little)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, grated (as needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut chicken into pieces.
3. Season chicken by rubbing salt and pepper and some lemon juice.
4. Let the chicken stand for some time for the lemon juice to soak in.
5. In the bottom of a soaked Romertopf, add a few pieces of butter and place the chicken over them.
6. Place the dish in the oven and let it cook for 40 minutes.
7. Add curry powder, some grated nutmeg, salt, sugar, pepper and a few more drops of lemon juice.
8. Peel oranges, cut and add to chicken.
9. Cover and cook for another 1 hour.
10. In the final 10 minutes, uncover and cook.
11. Stir in sour cream and egg yolk for thickening.
12. Serve Calcutta Chicken with rice and mango chutney.