Will Carling'S Chicken Parcels
|Chicken breasts||6 , with skins removed|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Orange juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) With a paper towel, dry the chicken pieces.
2) Place the chicken in a large bowl.
3) Combine together the salt, garlic, cumin, oregano, pepper and fruit juices.
4) Pour the mixture all over the chicken, cover and allow to marinate for about 24 hours in the fridge. Turn about 2 to 3 times during the marinating period.
5) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
6) Either use individual clay pots or cut a kitchen foil into 6 squares of 30 cm. each. Brush each h liberally with oil.
7) Among the squares, divide the chicken pieces and spoon the marinade evenly over each, holding the edges up in order to avoid spilling.
8) Fold the foil over the chicken. Seal the edges tightly.
9) In a baking dish, arrange the foil envelopes.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 ½ hours, till the chicken is soft and the juices run clear. 1 hour into the cooking time, carefully open the parcel and check the doneness of the chicken.
11) Slit open the envelopes, place on a decorative serving platter and serve with hot crusty bread of tortillas. Makes an excellent appetizer.
Calories 253 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 599 mg25%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 40 g80.7%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 22.3%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet