Saucy Sweet Sour Chicken Wings
|Chicken wings||12 , tips removed|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken bouillon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Cut the chicken wings in halves, arrange the wings in a plastic sealable bags.
3) In a bowl, mix together water, oil, sugar, ketchup, vinegar, garlic salt and bouillon.
4) Whisk the ketchup mixture well to dissolve the bouillon cube.
5) Pour the marinade in the plastic bag, and seal.
6) Shake the bag to coat the chicken wings well.
7) Place the bag in refrigerator, at least for 4 hours to 24 hours, turn the bag occasionally.
8) Pour of the marinade and reserve it.
9) Arrange the wings on a shallow baking pan.
10) Bake in oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until chicken is tender, basting it with the reserve marinade.
11) Discard the remaining marinade.
12) Serve hot garnished with chopped scallions if desired.