Chicken In A Dish
|Skinless boneless chicken breast halves||4|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Hot cooked rice||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Dried parsley||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter and add chicken and lightly brown on both sides but do not cook it.
4. Toss rice with remaining butter and mix well.
5. Spread the rice evenly in the baking dish and sprinkle almonds over it.
6. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; arrange chicken over top.
7. Bake at 350° F for about 45 minutes until heated through and chicken is tender.
8. Serve hot with dinner rolls as an excellent mail dish.