1) With the help of a knife, deeply slash the skin of the drumsticks in various places.
2) Mix together the remaining ingredients in a shallow dish.
3) With the mixture, coat the drumsticks. Alternatively, marinate the chicken in the mixture for a few hours, turning from time to time.
4) Heat the barbecue or grill.
5) Once the grill is hot enough, grill the drumsticks for about 25 minutes, frequently turning, till the meat is thoroughly cooked and the skin is crisp.
6) Transfer the preparation to a decorative serving platter and serve while still hot.